Do you still believe that your love for food should pass through the most difficult test in the form of a hunger strike lasting several weeks? Diet is built on protein diet, just the complete opposite of this opinion.
The essence of the diet is that daily you should eat mostly protein foods – lots of fish, meat and low-fat dairy. All these foods are very nutritious, long saturate so you will not be bothered by hunger. But devoid of carbohydrates and fats the body will begin to consume the extra energy your own fat reserves.
Duration protein diet
On the protein diet can be no more than two weeks (ideally 7-10 days), and then must take a break of at least 4-6 months. It is possible that for optimal weight you'll just have to resort to diet once. Then only to exclude from the menu of simple carbohydrates and fats: fried food, cakes, chocolate and other foods containing saturated fats and sugar. Related product describe below.
The pros and cons of protein diet
The main plus diet rapid weight loss. In this case you have no constant hunger because protein foods provides the body with the necessary amount of energy for the whole day. But not everything is as good as it seems at first glance. In addition to the advantages there are drawbacks.
The main disadvantage of the protein diet is that it can not be called balanced. With a minimum intake of fats and carbohydrates, the body loses not only substances for weight gain, but also vitamins, minerals, polyunsaturated fatty acids.
- protein foods for a long time saturates the body;
- belongs to the category of quick diets;
- varied diet;
- there is no limit on the number of calories;
- high efficiency (up to minus 10 kg for 2 weeks);
- the result is stored for a long time.
- waiver of sweet, starchy and fatty foods;
- insufficient intake of vitamins and minerals.
Use protein diet obvious six undeniable advantages against the two small minuses. Despite this, the diet does have one drawback, because of which it is impossible to be more than two weeks.
In several studies it was found that protein diet passive lifestyle can cause harm to the body. The long duration of the diet leads to swelling of the kidneys and development of kidney stones and other unpleasant consequences.
To reduce the load on the kidneys, you need to include enough fluids and fiber in the form of vegetables and fruits that are allowed by the diet.
Rules protein diet
Protein diet is considered one of the less dangerous thing to be on it for more than recommended period of time (7-10 days), take breaks, and also to follow 3 basic rules:
- Drink plenty of fluids – at least two liters. It is best suitable for this mineral water which will restore the mineral balance in the body.
- To take a complex of vitamins and minerals.
- The number of calories per day should not be less than 1200 is the minimum to maintain health.
- poultry without skin (chicken, Turkey);
- lean fish;
- beef, veal;
- offal (liver, tongue, heart);
- low-fat dairy products (cheese, yogurt, milk, unsweetened yogurt, unsweetened curd cheese, tofu);
- egg whites;
- wholegrain cereals and bread (4-6 V. L. cereal or 1 slice of bread);
- vegetables (cucumbers, tomatoes, celery, all types of cabbage);
- fruits (apples, citrus);
- drinks (tea and coffee without sugar, mineral water).
- any canned food;
- semi-finished products;
- chocolate, marshmallows, candy and other sweets;
- fat dairy products;
- fruits except apples and citrus fruits;
- vegetables containing starch such as potatoes, beans, corn, beans, peas, and vegetables with high sugar content – carrots, beets;
- prohibited during the diet, drink fruit juices, fruit drinks, sweet drinks, including those marked "light";
- sugar and its substitutes (fructose, glucose, sorbitol).
Food can be steamed in the slow cooker or bake. Fry in butter, pour fatty sauces, mayonnaise is prohibited. You can add natural soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, herbs, lemon juice, pepper and salt.
A diet with protein diet
- Food should be taken 4-6 times a day, and the first appointment is in half an hour after rising, and the last not later than 3 hours before bedtime.
- Before 14.00 the day allowed a small portion of complex carbohydrates in the form of 4-6 tablespoons of boiled buckwheat, oatmeal, brown rice or one slice of whole wheat bread.
- Fruit can 1-2 savory apples or citrus in the morning.
- After lunch protein foods can be eaten only with vegetables that do not contain starch, such as cucumbers, tomatoes, cabbage, lettuce;
- Fats are allowed up to 30 grams per day in the form of 1-2 tablespoons of Flaxseed oil added to the vegetables, while the rest of the food is prepared without oil.
To avoid failure, once a week you can include in the menu a small portion of your favorite product is not included in the list.
Options menu the protein diet
The menu each day consists of five meals, which includes a sufficient amount of protein products to ensure that the body does not feel hunger. The diet is quite diverse, is of the most simple and easy to prepare dishes.
The diet lasts for a week, when overweight, the number of days can be increased to 14 days (2 weeks is the maximum, which can be located on the protein diet).
Menu protein diet for a week (7 days)
Monday, day 1
- Breakfast: 150 g low-fat cottage cheese, tea or coffee.
- Snack: 1 Apple.
- Lunch: 150 g of boiled chicken breast, 1 slice whole wheat bread.
- Afternoon snack: 100 g of yogurt.
- Dinner: 200 g fish, steamed vegetable salad.
Tuesday, day 2
- Breakfast: 150 g unsweetened yoghurt, tea or coffee.
- Snack: 1 orange.
- Lunch: 150 g of beef stew with vegetables.
- Afternoon snack: a glass of kefir.
- Dinner: 200 g of baked fish, 200 g of fresh vegetables.
Wednesday, day 3
- Breakfast: 3 egg whites, coffee or tea.
- Snack: 1 fruit.
- Lunch: 200g Turkey, 4-6 V. L. brown Fig.
- Afternoon snack: unsweetened curd cheese.
- Dinner: 150 g of boiled beef, 150 g of cabbage salad.
Thursday, day 4
- Breakfast: a glass of fat-free yogurt 2 oatmeal cookies.
- Snack: 1 grapefruit.
- Lunch: 200 g chicken fillet, 200 grams of asparagus.
- Afternoon snack: a glass of kefir or fermented baked.
- Dinner: 200 g boiled fish, 150 g of vegetables.
Friday, day 5
- Breakfast: 150 g of cottage cheese, coffee or tea.
- Snack: 1 Apple.
- Lunch: 200 g boiled fish, 1 piece of whole grain bread.
- Afternoon snack: 100 g of natural yoghurt without sugar.
- Dinner: 200 g of beef to a couple of, 150 grams of salad vegetables.
Saturday, day 6
- Breakfast: omelette of 2 egg whites, coffee or tea.
- Snack: any citrus fruit.
- Lunch: baked beans - 200 g, 150 g of vegetables.
- Afternoon snack: a glass of kefir.
- Dinner: 150 g boiled fish, 100 g of salad.
Sunday, day 7
- Breakfast: 150 grams of cheese, tea or coffee.
- Snack: 1 Apple.
- Lunch: bowl of soup with vegetables, cooked lean meat broth from beef, 100 g boiled beef, 1 slice of whole wheat bread.
- Snack: 1 curd without sugar.
- Dinner: 100 g boiled beef, 100 g of salad.
Recipes for the protein diet
Egg cream soup
- 400 g chicken breast or Turkey;
- 300-400 g of spinach;
- 2 boiled eggs;
- 150 ml of milk;
- a sprig of parsley.
Boil the meat in 2-2,5 liters of water until tender with the Bay leaf, pepper-peas and herbs de Provence. Take out the meat and cut in cubes. Into the broth put chopped spinach and boil until tender. Pour into the blender the soup, milk, put meat and chopped eggs and beat until creamy. Serve immediately, garnished with sprig of parsley and half boiled eggs.
Nutritious fish soup
- 400 g fillet of any white fish;
- 1 red onion;
- 400 g of cauliflower;
- lemon juice;
- natural yoghurt (optional).
Disassemble the cauliflower, clean it up, cut it into small pieces. Fish fillets in large cubes. Onions cut thin half-rings. Put all in a saucepan, pour water and boil until tender. Salt, pepper, before serving optionally, add the lemon juice and a couple tablespoons of Greek yogurt.
- 3 eggs;
- 1 chicken breast;
- 1 cucumber;
- 400 g Chinese cabbage;
- natural yogurt.
Boil eggs and chicken breast, cut cubes. Finely chop the cabbage and remember. The cucumber is cut. Prepare the filling: 100 g natural yoghurt, 1 tbsp.. spoon of mustard and salt, mix until smooth. Mix all ingredients before serving, season the salad and fields of lemon juice.
- 400 g veal;
- a mixture of peppers;
- 1 tsp olive oil.
Beef wash, clean from the tapes, wipe with a paper towel. Cut across the grain into steaks for 2-2,5 cm thick. RUB a mixture of salt, pepper and olive oil and leave for an hour to promarinovatsya. After an hour, fry each steak on a dry pan for 2 minutes on each side, wrap each piece in foil and send in preheated oven at 200 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- 2 large apples;
- 2 art. L. cottage cheese;
- natural yogurt.
Apples wash, cut off the top and clean from the bones. Inside put the cheese, pour the yogurt. Cook in the oven or microwave until tender.
Diet ice cream
- 1 packet non-fat liquid cottage cheese;
- 1 sweet Apple;
- half an orange;
Put in blender the cheese, a little vanilla, purified from the skin of the Apple and half orange. Hit in the lush homogeneous mass that spread into small ramekins and place in the freezer for half an hour. Cold dessert very similar to sorbet.
Contraindications protein diet
That any diet is contraindicated during pregnancy and lactation, should not be said. In addition, protein diet is not suitable for the elderly as completely protein diet increases blood clotting, which increases the risk of blood clots in the blood vessels. Also diet is contraindicated in the following diseases:
- violations of functions of kidneys;
- gastro-intestinal diseases (colitis, pancreatitis, dysbacteriosis);
- liver disease;
- problems good cardiovascular system.
Recommendations on observing the protein diet
The end result and the passage of the diet is influenced by several important nuances.
- Accurate calculation of daily norm of protein. The minimum daily requirement of protein for adults is 40 grams, and the maximum is 120, But the average intake of protein in the diet should be 0,97 – 1,07 g per 1 kg of weight at low physical activity, and 1.2 – 1.7 g per 1 kg of weight with regular strength training.This means a woman weighing 55 kg should consume at least 55 grams of protein a day. Remember: we are not talking about a protein food, but about the pure protein.
- Drinking at least 2 litres of water a day. This rule is associated not only with the recommendations of proper nutrition. Mineral water is necessary in order to facilitate the work of the excretory system, which is overloaded with products of protein breakdown. The shortage of water in the body increases the level of ammonia, which adversely affects the pancreas and stomach.
- Intake of vitamin complex. To the body as less affected by an unbalanced diet, nutritionists recommend to fill the required amount of vitamins and minerals in the diet due to the synthetic vitamin complexes.After the diet, women should drink a course of fish oil to improve the condition of hair, nails and hormonal balance.
- Sports. One of the disadvantages of the protein diet – a quick return to their previous weight. To the maximum extent possible to retain and fix the result, you should go to the gym or on fitness.
- The presence in the diet of fiber. The abundance of heavy protein foods leads to deterioration of intestinal motility, and significant increase in the number of putrefactive bacteria. To reduce the burden on the digestive tract and avoid constipation and help not starchy vegetables and purchase bran.
The best motivation is results those who have completed the protein diet and was satisfied.