I have long wanted to talk to you about a salt-free diet, to share their observations and knowledge that will allow you to keep the body in healthy, vigorous condition. I must say that I do not advocate extremism, will never advise to completely eliminate salt from the body, but it should not be misused.
- excess salt retains fluid in the body, contributes to the appearance of edema, fullness, formation of cellulite;
- excessive salt intake slows down the metabolism;
- for those who want to lose weight, should significantly reduce the amount of salt;
- daily salt allowance for an adult is less than 5g;
- salt or sodium chloride NaCl contains 40% sodium and 60% chlorine, and this compound controls the processes of the normal functioning of the nervous system, muscle tissue. Therefore, any violation of electrolyte balance result in changes of metabolism.
The abundance of products with a high content of salt on the supermarket shelves makes us hostage to the excessive consumption of salt. Unwittingly, we get used to eating salty food, e.g. cheese, canned food, sausages, chips,and even baby food contains excess salt.
To salt or not to salt?
How can that be, you ask, is the excess of salt leads to the fullness and swelling but it also will slow down metabolism and decline of vitality. I suggest to stick to the Golden mean, namely, to understand and remember that:
- all industrial prepared food is already salty enough;
- canned food, bread, sausages, canned meat, sauces, dairy products, cheese, butter, pates, pastries and cakes – a huge list of foods contains much more of the daily value of salt. Not recommended there's and chips.
And another important tip: even if at first you find it hard to imagine how you can eat fresh salads, eggs, fresh vegetables, literally through two-three weeks so you get used to that will wonder how it never occurred to me to try not to spoil the salt and the already delicious food.
Diet no salt slimming
Or means that a salt-free diet for weight loss involves a complete rejection of salt? Despite the name, the diet encourages you to completely abandon the salt.
It should be done only in the case if you have problems with your kidneys, if your doctor prescribed you a complete rejection of salt. In all other cases, the waiver will be conditional of salt, because salt contains so many products that will be present in the diet. I recommend only:
- to limit the intake of free salts;
- abandon additional lightly solting ready meals;
- not to pickle vegetables, eggs, minimally add some salt to the soups and all the dishes you prepare yourself.
Salt-free diet in order to normalize the water-salt balance, eliminate hidden swelling, dry body.
In a few weeks with salt-free diet, you can lose weight by 5-6 kg.
Diet menu without salt
Selection of products for a salt-free diet is not difficult. You can eat organic food without salt while cooking. Diet menu without salt consists of fresh vegetables, fruit, boiled, stewed, baked protein food. For example, here is a sample menu salt-free diet for every day:
- Breakfast: omelette with one egg and low-fat milk, tea with milk;
- Second Breakfast: grated Apple;
- Lunch: soup with chicken (instead of salt add mild aromatic spices); salad of tomatoes and cucumbers;
- Snack: a glass of carrot juice;
- Dinner: salmon steak on the grill, lettuce.
- Breakfast: cottage cheese low-fat natural yoghurt and a handful of any berries;
- Second Breakfast: carrot grater;
- Lunch: vegetable stew and veal with herbs and seasonings; salad of cucumbers and fresh cabbage;
- Snack: yogurt 200ml;
- Dinner: baked fish, two tomatoes, lettuce.
- Breakfast: rolled oats that are steamed hot milk;
- Second Breakfast: baked Apple;
- Lunch: stewed cabbage with minced chicken and greens; salad with tomatoes and green peas;
- Afternoon snack: tomato juice (unsalted);
- Dinner: cottage cheese casserole low fat cottage cheese, eggs and fresh fruit.
Tip: portion sizes limit, possibly eating no more than 250-300g at a time to reduce the volume of the stomach. During salt-free diet is necessary to drink more, so feel free to drink tea, herbal teas, purified water, fruit drinks and fruit teas without sugar.
Salt-free diet for 14 days follows the same pattern, you can do it yourself, understanding the basic principle. To do this, combine vegetables, protein, dairy meals without salt.
How to get used to eating without salt
Meat and chicken without salt is a little unusual. But this is only the beginning. I can give some simple tips on how to get used to eating without salt.
- to control the flow of salt in the body, while salt-free diet abstain from the purchase foods from the store, bread, cookies, cheeses, prepared foods, canned foods, as they add salt to the recipe;
- you have to prepare yourself to know exactly how much salt you consume. The day you can eat no more than 5g of salt (about a teaspoon without top), But this volume is distributed over all the food that enters your body;
- replace salt with flavorful, aromatic spices: coriander, marjoram, curry, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cloves, anise, fennel, etc.;
- prepare the dish, salt it is not a large amount of salt. To do this, don't use fine salt, it is better to take large, and even better marine. So you can not confine a large number;
- try to feel the taste of the food, each ingredient, so it will be easier not to think about salt.
Salt are contained in many natural foods in the natural form. For example, salt is already present in meat, vegetables, grass. Therefore, in some diseases shows a complete rejection of salt. If you are basically healthy, you are recommended a diet that contains less salt. It will help remove the swelling, get rid of extra pounds, which are contained in the body due to an excess of sodium compounds.
Here are a few tricks that help safely abandon the excess salt:
- replace the salt with garlic, onion;
- pripravljena ready meals soy sauce without salt;
- add chopped and dried herbs, creating the illusion that you salt food.
The pros and cons of a salt-free diet
Salt-free diet for weight loss useful not only to those who suffer from excess weight. It can be used for those who have:
- high blood pressure;
- excess calcium in the body;
- kidney disease and blood vessels;
- the tendency to edema;
- diseases of the cardiovascular system.
Advantages of salt-free diet are:
- the loss of excess fluid that lingers in the body and makes the work a system with high load;
- the decrease in the body, due to the fact that fat cells cease to hold water;
- better start working organs such as the heart, blood vessels, kidneys, urinary system.
Disadvantages of salt-free diet:
Scientific studies have shown that lack of salt or sodium in the body is also harmful, as well as its excess. The fact that:
- people who completely abandoned the salt, also can not boast of perfect health.
- they are more likely to suffer from diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- complain of malaise, irritability, thinning of the blood;
- many women have broken the cycle, appear unplanned spotting.
What can cause lack of sodium
Lack of sodium can disrupt health. The main functions that are performed by the sodium and chlorine in the body are given in the table:
|Regulate the adrenal glands, which are responsible for hormone production||The transport of nutrients into cells and out of them. Normalize acid-alkaline balance||Be the basis for all body fluids: plasma, lymph, extracellular and amniotic fluid|
|In the absence of sodium and chlorine are the work of neurons and other cells of the organism impossible||Contribute to the increase in the number of glial brain cells, which are responsible for the ability to think creatively and to make long-term plans||Ensure joint work of the brain and muscles. Help the muscles to move, to contract the heart muscle, carry out the breathing process|
That is why the presence of salt in the body is still necessary. But this rule only applies if you do not overdo it and do not exceed the daily rate of consumption. Unfortunately, many people instead of 5-6g of salt use up to 30-40g. This will inevitably lead to health problems.
Remember! Excess of salt in 100 times will be deadly for anyone.
Japanese salt-free diet for 14 days
One of the well known and popular types of diet is said to be a Japanese salt-free diet for 14 days. Here are recommended not to change the composition of the products, not to replace dinner, to drink more. Ration sufficiently rich to be used for the first few days. Usually, after the diet, you can throw up to 4-6 kg.
Thus, the menu of Japanese salt-free diet for 14 days:
|Day of the week||Breakfast||Lunch||Afternoon tea||Dinner|
|Monday||A Cup of black coffee||2 hard-boiled eggs; salad from fresh cabbage with olive oil and herbs||A glass of tomato juice or tomato||Baked fish, salad of fresh cucumbers|
|Tuesday||Black coffee||Steamed fish, salad from fresh cucumbers||A Cup of yogurt||200g boiled beef, leaf lettuce|
|Environment||Black coffee||Boiled egg, salad of raw carrots||Two tomatoes||Apples|
|Thursday||Black coffee||Vegetarian vegetable soup||100g low-fat cottage cheese||Fruit|
|Friday||Black coffee||Grilled fish, salad of cucumbers and greens||Tomato juice||Grated carrots|
|Saturday||Black coffee||Boiled chicken, salad of cabbage and carrots||Apple juice||Two boiled eggs, cucumber|
|Sunday||Black coffee||Boiled beef, salad of tomatoes||A Cup of yogurt||Fruit|
|Monday||Tea||200g boiled beef||Two cucumber||Apples|
|Tuesday||Coffee||A quarter of boiled chicken, sheet salad||Apple||Grated carrots|
|Environment||Tea||Two boiled eggs, grated raw carrots||A Cup of yogurt||Fish baked with tomatoes|
|Thursday||Coffee||Ear without potatoes||Baked Apple||Cottage cheese and low-fat yogurt|
|Friday||Tea||Salad of boiled carrots with raises. butter chicken meatballs||A glass of tomato juice||Fruit|
|Saturday||Coffee||Grilled vegetables and mushrooms||Grated carrots||Apples|
|Sunday||Tea||Boiled chicken and cabbage salad||Yogurt||Boiled beef, leaf lettuce|
As you can see, a diet without salt and sugar for 14 days, may apply for a limited time.
The advice of a nutritionist:
- You can use the Japanese version of the diet, but I would recommend a more gentle mode, during which you should perform the following rules:
- Cook without salt, but lightly salt the food on the plate. So it will be easier to gradually reduce the amount of salty foods.
- Eat 4-5 times a day, small portions.
- Try to get up from the table while you are still slightly hungry. This will help to avoid overeating and reduce the volume of the stomach.
In a salt-free diet you can eat a sufficient variety of products:
- muesli bars, dried gray or rye bread, but not more than 150g a day;
- boiled or baked meat, fish, mushrooms, eggs, seafood;
- vegetables: cabbage, cucumbers, zucchini, carrots, beets, pumpkin, radish;
- legumes: beans, peas, soybeans;
- milk products: yogurt, cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, yogurt, fermented baked milk;
- fruits and berries, except for bananas, grapes, figs;
- drinks: tea, coffee, water, herbal teas herbs.
During salt-free diet prohibits all kinds of products prepared in the industrial way and containing a large amount of salt.
- salting, pickling, marinades;
- sausage, sausages, gammon, salmon, etc.;
- smoked dried and salted fish;
- sour, spicy dishes;
- fast food, food from cooking, semi-finished products;
- alcoholic drinks, sweet drinks;
- pasta, sweets, pastries.
One of the arguments in favor of the occasional use of salt-free diet is the idea that unsalted foods seem tasteless, and so, therefore, we will be much less. Besides all products listed in this list, cause an increased appetite, urge to eat more, do not give time to stop.
How to monitor salt content in foods
The hardest salt-free diet is the control over the salt content in foods. In fact, how do we know how much salt is contained in a particular dish.
For this purpose I have selected for you a series of simple rules that will help you to control the salt content not only during the diet, but during normal life:
- Try not to eat food prepared by someone who is unfamiliar with you. Each chef cooks differently, so you'll always depend on his culinary preferences.
- If you cook yourself, do not salt the food during cooking, put the salt shaker on the table and a bit of salt to ready meals.
- If you are out and hungry, do not go in the cafe. Buy some fruit, wash them and eat.
- Take the prepared meals to always have on hand foods without excess salt.
- Always read the product composition on the package to know that this product does not have a lot of salt.
- Buy large grey or sea salt, which is rich in iodine, potassium, magnesium, bromine, phosphorus. This salt contains less sodium chloride.
- Salt modern food from supermarkets or catering facilities there is no need.