In summer, a watermelon diet is ideal for weight loss. It is effective, easy to perform and almost everyone loves the sweet taste of the fragrant pulp. There are thousands of raves about the diet with impressive results. This is confirmed by the before and after photos, as some have a weight loss of several pounds. Losing weight in such an unusual way will definitely not be dull and boring if you make the right balanced menu for you every day.
The benefits of watermelon for weight loss
Watermelon is a real storehouse of trace elements. The juicy sweet pulp contains a huge amount of mineral compounds (phosphorus, potassium, sodium, iron) and vitamins of groups A, B, E, PP, C. In terms of calories, the fruit is considered dietary: 100 g does not contain more greater than 40kcal. At the same time, the sugars contained in the pulp are completely processed by the body and are not deposited in fat reserves. This is one of the main reasons why watermelon is so loved by those who are losing weight. In addition to such a miraculous property, weight loss occurs for several other reasons:
- most of the pulp is occupied by water (about 85-90%) with minerals and vitamins dissolved in it;
- due to the diuretic ability, excess stagnant fluid in the body is actively released, thereby reducing body weight;
- the liquid removes toxins, toxins and other harmful compounds;
- improves cellular metabolism due to the folic acid contained in the pulp;
- the feeling of satiety appears quickly due to the sweet taste.
The glycemic index of watermelon is 72 units, and 100 g of pulp contains only 5. 8 g of carbohydrates.
Because of the above abilities, watermelon quickly found application in weight loss. Based on it, diets designed for 3, 5, 10 days were developed. Nutritionists recommend having fasting days once or twice a week, this helps you lose a few pounds before any significant event. If you want to make more radical changes in weight, you will have to stick to a certain diet for at least a week. When the desired result is achieved, you need to leave the watermelon diet gradually and correctly so as not to find weight gain.
The main principle of the watermelon diet is the diuretic effect. Daily fluid loss is 1 to 2 liters. Every day, you can lose 1 to 1. 5 kg, depending on your starting body weight, physical activity level, and lifestyle. However, we must not forget that losing weight with watermelons is a mono-diet, which means that during the day you may feel weak, slightly dizzy and sleepy. If the condition only gets worse each day and you feel like you don't have enough strength but there is no increase in energy, then you need to finish losing weight.
Prohibited and allowed products
In addition to watermelon, other foods listed in the list can be included in the daily diet:
- fresh and cooked vegetables;
- low-fat fermented dairy products;
- lean fish;
- lean red meat;
- chicken breast, turkey;
- fruit, mostly unsweetened;
- chicken and quail eggs;
- whole grain bread;
- honey (small amount).
Of the prohibited foods, nutritionists advise to abandon:
- sausages, smoked meats;
- canned food;
- fast food products (hot dogs, pizza, hamburgers, pasta);
- milk chocolate;
- carbonated drinks;
- jams, fruit drinks;
- roasts and white bread.
The diet should be varied, so you will feel good, there will be no discomfort. Every day you need to consume about 1300-1500 kcal.
watermelon diet rules
Weight loss will happen effectively if you take into account several factors and follow them impeccably:
- Be sure to add protein to your daily diet. They will help keep you feeling full for a long time and your energy supply will be replenished;
- drink at least 1. 5 liters of pure water. For drinks, you can drink green tea or non-mineral water;
- give up harmful things: fast food, sweets are now forbidden for you;
- avoid drinking alcohol. Weight loss and alcohol are incompatible things. Any drinks that contain alcohol, even in low concentrations, lead to an exacerbation of hunger, water retention in the body;
- The maximum weight loss time on a watermelon diet should not exceed more than 10 days. Then you need to interrupt it briefly, for a period of about a month. After a break, you can resume feeding.
The result of the watermelon diet can be 2-6 kg in 7-10 days of use. In addition to the acquired harmony and the appearance of lightness in the body, you will be able to save money, because in summer sweet fruits are sold at every step and are cheap.
On a note! One of the disadvantages of the watermelon diet is the resulting deficiency of fats and proteins.
going off the diet
In order for the positive effect of the watermelon diet to last as long as possible, you need to come out of it carefully. From food restriction, it awakens an acute appetite and desire for forbidden foods. But here you need to show courage and not succumb to attraction. Tips from nutritionists will help you to avoid breakdowns and keep your figure in order:
- return to the usual diet gradually, slightly increase the portion size;
- in the first days, eat cereals boiled in water, with the addition of butter and kefir with a fat content of 2. 5%;
- include bean pastes and cereals in your diet;
- increase the number of meals up to 6-7 times.
But what in no case can not be done - attack sweets, breads and other harmful products. You will not only spoil the result achieved, but you will also get an upset stomach.
You can follow a watermelon diet only when you are confident in your health and there is no reason to worry. You cannot limit yourself in nutrition if you have the following problems:
- kidney stones;
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- pancreas diseases;
- liver disorders;
- heart diseases;
- swelling of limbs and soft tissue.
The diuretic effect and the ability to increase sugar make the watermelon diet harmful for a certain category of people. You cannot lose weight this way for teenagers and children, as well as athletes and seniors. Doctors do not recommend trying on a figure if you are in a position, especially in the later stages, or are breastfeeding. Wait until the birthing and breastfeeding phase is over, and then you can start losing weight.
Reviews and advice from nutritionists
- "If you regularly have problems with the digestive system, then such nutrition will only cause a lot of inconvenience: constipation, bloating and stomach pains will become more frequent. To exclude such negative consequences, do not engage in amateur activities, but seek the advice of your doctor Most early-stage illnesses proceed without symptoms, and a watermelon diet can exacerbate them. For any discomfort, stop losing weight and visit a therapist.
- "I can't say that the watermelon diet is healthy and will bring impressive results. Any weight loss, especially a severe one, is stress for the body. Along with weight loss comes a number of health problems, sometimes serious. advice, if you decide to try to lose weight this way, make the diet as varied as possible. Add vegetables, cereals, cereals, white and red meat, exclude refined sugar and other useless light carbohydrates. Reduce portion size and exercise. Simple recommendations will have a positive effect on body weight and you will immediately notice how you lose weight.
Watermelon diet options
If you have no contraindications and are mentally prepared to lose weight on a watermelon diet, first choose the right staple - ripe watermelon. Only buy from trusted places, and wash well before using. Nutrients and vitamins are only found in ripe fruits grown naturally, without the use of chemical fertilizers. There are 3 ways to lose weight: a 3-day express method, a weekly diet, and a 10-day option.
Menu for 3 days
The most common and easiest way to lose excess is to go on a watermelon diet for 3 days. It is not difficult at all, and the weight loss will be 2-3 kg. In the day you should eat about 5-7 kg of watermelon pulp. The norm is calculated on the basis of its initial weight: for every 10 kg, 1 kg of pulp is required. For example, your weight is 60 kg, which means you need to eat 6 kg of watermelon daily. In addition, your diet should include:
- breakfast: oatmeal boiled in water, a slice of wholegrain bread, a cup of tea;
- lunch: 150 g of cooked chicken breast, a plate of vegetable salad;
- dinner: 150 g of fat-free cottage cheese.
Eat a watermelon about an hour before a meal. This will help fight hunger, so during lunch or dinner you will fill up on less food.
Attention! The last meal should be no later than 4 hours before bed. Do not eat watermelon at night: you will not sleep well and in the morning your whole face will swell.
Watermelon Diet for 7 days, scheduled for every day
If you want to achieve significant weight loss, the weekly option suggested in Table 1 is right for you.
|Day||Breakfast||To have lunch||To have lunch|
|1||A plate of oatmeal, boiled chicken egg||200 g low-fat cottage cheese with fruit||Tomato, cucumber salad - 150 g, 100 g cooked chicken breast|
|two||Cottage cheese casserole - 150 g||120 g of cooked beef with 200 ml of broth||Vegetable soup - plate, slice of wholemeal bread|
|3||2 boiled chicken eggs||150 g steamed fish with fresh vegetable garnish||Chicken broth - 150ml|
|4||150 g fat-free cottage cheese||2 slices of wholemeal bread with cheese||soft boiled egg|
|five||A plate of buckwheat porridge with an apple||130 g of steamed chicken fillet||Fruit salad with yogurt dressing - 200 g|
|6||Rice porridge cooked in water -150 g||Oven baked fish - 150 g||200 g low-fat cottage cheese|
|7||bowl of oatmeal in water||2 boiled chicken eggs||A few slices of wholemeal bread with cheese|
Before each meal and during you need to eat some pieces of watermelon. The daily norm is 5 kg, evenly divide this amount per day. Of beverages it is allowed to drink a cup of natural black coffee without sugar and milk or green tea during the day, no more than a few cups.
for 10 days
If you wish, you can increase the watermelon diet for 10 days, but only on the condition that you feel good and there are no health problems. The menu completely coincides with the diet for the weekly option, if you wish, you can substitute products, but only with similar calories. If you follow the described scheme and eat 4-5 kg of watermelon daily for 10 days, then after time passes, you can get rid of 6-8 kg.
Attention! With the 10-day watermelon diet, reduce physical activity, otherwise you risk "overloading" the body.
Results and reviews with photos of those who lost weight
- "In the summer, I decided to try and try the watermelon diet in action. Homemade sweet fruits have just ripened in the garden. In general, the whole week I ate a small watermelon (weight 4-5 kg), but I ate vegetable salads, boiled chicken Last dinner at 7 pm A week later I got on the scale and was pleasantly surprised In 7 days I managed to lose almost 7 kg I decided that I would lose weight with watermelons every summer, I liked it.
- "The problem of being overweight worries me regularly, so I'm always looking for suitable methods to lose weight. I came across a watermelon diet, it seemed easy to me. I chose the 10-day option. I liked everything: the sweet pulp really stops the appetite, quenches the thirst. But on the fifth day, the watermelons were already full, I didn't want to eat them. It barely lasted 10 days, I took measurements. I managed to lose 6 kg in such a short time. I was satisfied with the result, but next time I will choose the option for 3 or 7 days. "